I have spent the last 4 years setting up two businesses. One is an affiliate marketing company that I run with my partner which is largely a passive income generator at this point. The second is a dance studio, which is very different from running an online company. I have learned a lot from both, but they are both largely solo ventures and I miss working with other people.
Since both of those companies are fairly well established and don’t require 24 hours of my attention anymore, I’d love to work on some other projects! Part-time or on a project-by-project basis is ideal, as my dance studio keeps me busy in the evenings and weekends but I have flexibility during the weekdays.
I’m very passionate about helping other small business owners, as I know that it can be very time consuming to maintain a web presence while trying to do everything else! My specialty is websites that are low maintenance and inexpensive, but that still get you customers and clients. At my business (Luxe Studios), we get the most customers via our website and online advertising by a huge margin and I know that anytime I am interested in a service or product I always look online first.
Things I’d love to help with:
- Building a website/online presence: Do you have a website? Is it more than one page? What about a Facebook page or other relevant social media accounts? If you need one, let’s talk! Low to almost no budget is fine, let’s focus on what we can get done for you with what you have!
- Upgrading a website/social media: Is your website looking a little dated? Not getting you the results you want? Again, low budget is fine there is a lot you can do without laying down a ton of cash. If you need help with setting up social media I’d be more than happy to help with that as well.
- Online marketing & advertising: For one of my businesses we rely solely on Google organic search traffic, that means that we need to make sure our website ranks on the first page in order to make sales. There are a lot of factors that go into this including your websites content, having good titles for the website and pages within it, and having the right types of links that go back to your website. Search engine optimization or SEO is the umbrella term that includes all of these things. Google is constantly changing things, and it can be hard to know what tactics will be most effective for your business. I have access to lots of great research tools, and I’d can either put together a site audit and plan for you to carry out yourself, or I can also implement the steps in the plan as well.
For my dance studio, Facebook advertising is extremely effective and inexpensive, but if you don’t set up the ads correctly you can end up wasting a lot of money. I can either advise you on how to best run ads for your business, or I can set them up for you.
- Copywriting: Need content for your website? This is often the most time-consuming part of creating a new website or keeping one updated. I spend a lot of time writing content for my own websites, as well as writing for fun in my free time. If you need to add or create content for your website let me know!
- Web Hosting & Email: I have my own server, and I’d love to take on some more hosting clients. If you are not happy with your current web host or are paying more than $10/month, we should talk! Does your hosting include regular backups of your website files and database? Mine does! I can also set you up with email at your domain, and integrate it with your preferred webmail client (ie. Gmail).
- Bookkeeping & Receipt Organization: Do you feel panicked at your business year-end with a mess of receipts to sort through, record, and file away? I keep on top of mine year round, so when it comes time to meet with my accountant it’s not a big deal. Do you hate bookkeeping, or just don’t have time for it? I’d be happy to help with yours! I’ve been doing small business bookkeeping for 4 years now.
If any of that sounds like something you need help with or would like to talk to me about send me an email or call me at 250-667-5893. You can also take a look at my web development portfolio or my resume on this website.